The Windows Sysinternals Administrator's Reference is the official book on the Sysinternals tools, written by tool author and Sysinternals cofounder Mark Russinovich, and Windows expert Aaron Margosis. The book covers all 70+ tools in detail, with full chapters on the major tools like Process Explorer and Autoruns. In addition to tips and tricks in the tool chapters, it includes 17 "Case of the Unexplained…" examples of the tools used by users to solve real-world problems. Buy the book today and take your Windows troubleshooting and systems management skills to the next level.
Ordering the Book
The book is available for purchase on
Amazon.com and available from Microsoft Press in
3 ebook formats, or you can read it online through
Description of the Book
Get an edge on Windows diagnostics and support—direct from the Sysinternals experts at Microsoft. The Windows Sysinternals tools, available for download from Microsoft TechNet, are designed to help you manage, troubleshoot, and diagnose Windows clients and servers. This Administrator’s Reference provides essential, scenario-based guidance and inside insights to help maximize your work with these tools.
- Get timesaving solutions, workarounds, and troubleshooting tips from Windows internals expert Marc Russinovich and senior MCS consultant Aaron Margosis
- Drill into the features and functions of Sysinternals utilities and references, gleaning practical, hands-on insights for resolving real-world issues
- Learn to work more effectively with utilities for managing, troubleshooting, and optimizing files, disks, processes, security features, networking, maintenance, and other essential operations
You can read samples from the book at this
link on Amazon.com.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with the Sysinternals Utilities
- Windows Core Concepts
- Process Explorer
- Process Monitor
- Process and Diagnostic Utilities
- Security Utilities
- Active Directory Utilities
- Desktop Utilities
- File Utilities
- Disk Utilities
- Network and Communication Utilities
- System Information Utilities
- Miscellaneous Utilities
Troubleshooting—“The Case of the Unexplained...”
- Error Messages
- Hangs and Sluggish Performance
There are no errata at this time.
Top of page