Adding a Site Term to a Profile Definition
You can use the Profiles resource to add a site term to a profile definition. You can also perform this task using the Profile Designer module in Commerce Server Business Desk. For more information, see Adding a Site Term to a Profile Definition.
When you assign a site term to a profile property, users on your Web site get a drop-down list of the site term values for the property. The selection a user makes from the site term drop-down list on your Web site is stored in the profile for that user as a type string.
- Expand Commerce Server Manager, expand Global Resources, expand Profiles, expand Profile Catalog, expand Profile Definitions, and then click the profile definition that you want to add a site term to.
- In the profile designer screen, in the Properties list, expand the property group that contains the property you want, and then select the property you want to assign the site term to.
- In the profile designer screen, in the Attributes section, select Site Term from the Type drop-down list.
- In the Type Reference box, click the ellipsis [...] button.
- In the Site Term Selection dialog box, in the Select a Site Term list, expand the site term group that contains the site term you want to assign to the property, and then select the site term.
- Click OK, and then click Apply.
The site term is assigned to the property.
- To save the profile definition, click on the toolbar.
The profile definition is saved with the property change.
All rights reserved.