Configuring the Profiles Resource
You can use Commerce Server Manager to change the Profiles resource connection string. The Profiles resource connection string is set during the unpacking process.
- Expand Commerce Server Manager, expand Global Resources, right-click Profiles, and then click Properties.
- In the Profiles (<site name>) Properties dialog box, on the Connection Strings tab, select the connection string you want to change, and then click Modify.
- In the Data Link Properties dialog box, on the Connection tab, do the following:
Use this To do this Select or enter a server name Select a server name from the drop-down list, or type the location of the server where the database you want to access is located. Refresh Click to refresh the server list. Use Windows NT integrated security Do not use this option. Commerce Server does not support Windows NT authentication. Use a specified user name and password Select this option to supply a user name and password to authenticate your logon information to the data source. User Name Type the user ID to use for authentication when you log on to the data source. Password Type the password to use for authentication when you log on to the data source. Blank password Select this option to enable the specified provider to return a blank password in the connection string. Allow saving password Select this option to allow the password to be saved with the connection string. Whether the password is included in the connection string depends on the functionality of the calling application. If the password is saved, it is returned and saved unmasked and unencrypted. Select the database on the server Select this option to type the database name that you are mapping the data source to, or select the database name from the drop-down list. Attach a database file as a database name Do not use this option. Commerce Server does not support SQL Server version 6.5 or earlier. Using the filename Do not use this option. Commerce Server does not support SQL Server version 6.5 or earlier. Test Connection Click to connect to the specified data source. If the connection fails, verify that the settings are correct. Spelling errors and case sensitivity can cause failed connections.
- To return to the Profiles (<site name>) Properties dialog box, click OK.
- To apply your changes, click Apply.
The connection string changes are applied to the Profiles resource.
- All connection strings in the Profiles resource are updated when any one string is changed.
All rights reserved.