Changing the administrative password disconnects the Business Desk client
If you change the administrative password on the server on which Commerce Server Business Desk is installed, errors appear when the Business Desk client computers attempt to access Business Desk. The following error messages might appear:
- Errors occurred while loading part of the Business Desk.
- Errors while loading Business Desk application.
When you change the Commerce Server administrative password on the server, you must also change the password in Component Services and then save the Global.asa file.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Component Services.
- Expand the nodes to the following path: Component Services/Computers/My Computer/COM+Applications/Commerce Event Logging.
- Right-click Commerce Event Logging, and then click Properties.
- In the Commerce Event Logging Properties dialog box, on the Identity tab, in the Password box, type the new password.
- In the Confirm password box, type the new password again, and then click OK.
The password is updated, and Business Desk now opens.
- Navigate to the Business Desk virtual directory. For example, C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Retailbusinessdesk.
- Open the Global.asa file in Notepad.
- To save your password changes, on the File menu, click Save, and then click Exit.
Changes to the Global.asa file are saved. All users must now close and re-open Business Desk to update the password changes.
- You must also change the password for Commerce Server services such as List Manager and Direct Mailer, and the Predictor resource.
See AlsoCopyright © 2005 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.