Business Desk Security
You use the Business Desk Permissions module to secure the Business Desk user interface. You can grant and deny Business Desk users access to specific Business Desk functionality. For example, you can specify that only certain Business Desk users can edit a given product catalog.
You grant and deny access to Business Desk functionality by using the Permissions module. The Permissions module is designed for system administrators and high-level business managers. You use the Permissions module to choose a Microsoft Windows account or group, and then grant and deny Business Desk permissions for that group of users.
This section contains:
- Workflow for Security. Illustrates the workflow for setting and managing Business Desk user access.
- About Business Desk Security. Describes Business Desk security and how you use it to limit user access.
- Best Practices for Permissions. Provides important information about granting permissions to Business Desk users.
- Creating Windows Accounts. Explains how to add Windows accounts for Business Desk users.
- Adding Windows Accounts to the Account List. Explains how to add Windows accounts to the Permissions module account list.
- Setting Business Desk Permissions for Windows Accounts. Explains how to grant, deny, or change Business Desk permissions for Windows accounts.
- Removing Windows Accounts from the Accounts List. Explains how to remove Windows accounts from the Permissions module account list.
- Viewing Account Permissions. Explains how to view and manage account permissions.
All rights reserved.