Cannot unpack a site to a Web server
You install Commerce Server on Computer A, and install the Data Warehouse on Computer B, but you cannot unpack your site on Computer A.
This problem occurs if the database server does not share a security context with the Web server. To solve the problem, run the following command on the database server:
net use \\<Web_server_name> /u:<local_computer_name>\administrator *
Enter the SQL Server password when prompted.
Another item to check is the number of SQL connections allowed on the computer. When you install Microsoft SQL Server, by default the number of SQL Server connections is set to zero (0), indicating that you can have an unlimited number of connections. If you choose to change the number of connections, allocate four connections for each computer in the Commerce Server installation.
- It is recommended that you have at least 20 connections available to unpack a site.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server, and then click Query Analyzer.
- Type the following query in the open window:
select * from master..sysprocesses where hostname <>''
''is two single quotes.
- Click the Execute Query button on the toolbar.
Query Analyzer displays the number of SQL Server connections currently in use. The number of rows equals the number of SQL Server connections.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server, and then click Enterprise Manager.
- Right-click the SQL Server to which you are adding connections, click Properties, and then click the Connections tab.
- On the Connections tab, in the Maximum concurrent user connections (0 = unlimited) box, type the number of connections you need, and then click OK.
All rights reserved.