Running Direct Mailer
You use Commerce Server Direct Mailer to send personalized e-mail messages from a Web page, or non-personalized mailings from a flat text file, to large groups of recipients. Direct Mailer can be used as a stand-alone process or integrated into the Campaigns modules in Commerce Server Business Desk.
When Direct Mailer is installed, it is automatically integrated with other Commerce Server features. You can access Direct Mailer through Commerce Server Business Desk, or, you can use it as a stand-alone product without using other Commerce Server components. To use Direct Mailer as a stand-alone product, you use its command line interface.
This section contains:
- Workflow for Direct Mailer. Illustrates the workflow of a Direct Mailer job.
- About Direct Mailer. Describes Direct Mailer and provides the software requirements and dependencies for Direct Mailer. Describes the components of Direct Mailer, including a brief overview of opt-out lists and how they function.
- Using List Manager to Create and Manage Direct Mail Lists. Describes how to use lists in the Business Desk List Manager, and how to create and process Direct Mailer lists.
- Closing the Loop with Direct Mailer. Describes how to collect user data, analyze the data, and then use Direct Mailer to target users based on your analysis.
- Setting Up a Direct Mail Campaign. Describes the steps necessary to set up a direct mail campaign.
- Developing Direct Mail Content. Describes how to construct personalized content for direct mail message bodies.
- Configuring Direct Mailer. Explains how to modify properties for controlling the way your jobs are run, and the resource connection string to the DirectMailer database. Explains how to use multiple delivery locations and configure an SMTP server.
- Restarting Direct Mailer. Explains how to restart Direct Mailer.
- Monitoring Direct Mailer Jobs. Explains how to check the status of your Direct Mailer jobs and view Direct Mailer job errors.
- Pausing, Stopping, and Deleting a Direct Mailer Job. Explains how to stop and delete a Direct Mailer job.
- Restarting a Direct Mailer job. Explains how to restart a Direct Mailer job that stopped before it completed processing.
- Running Direct Mailer in Stand-alone Mode. Explains how to run Direct Mailer as a stand-alone product.
All rights reserved.