1. ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to any person resident in the UK who is 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners).
2. TO ENTER: On the site www.microsoft.com/uk/techdaysonline there are 3 tracks: 1) Cloud track, 2) Desktop track, 3) Public Cloud track.
You will need to select a track you wish to follow and:
Watch all 5 webcasts in the track you have chosen. There will be a bit.ly link given out in each of the webcasts with a clue that will help you find the answer to the question in the webcast. Once you have found all 5 answers in all 5 webcasts go to the link on http:// www.microsoft.com/uk/techdaysonline and enter your answers in the form. The winner for each of the 3 tracks will be be pulled at random from all the correct entries.
You can enter all 3 tracks however you will need to find the 5 answers in each of the tracks.
Microsoft is not responsible for lost, corrupted or delayed entries. Only one entry per person will be accepted. No purchase necessary. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3. TIMING: This competition runs from 12.01:00 am GMT on 8 February 2011 until 11.59:59 p.m. on 22 July 2011(inclusive). Completed entries must reach Microsoft no later than the closing date.
4. USE OF DATA: Personal data which you provide when you enter this competition shall be used for the purposes of this competition only. If you agree to this use, please tick the box on the entry form.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS : There will be 1 winner for each of the 3 tracks. The winner will be determined by a random draw from amongst the correct competition entries conducted by Microsoft on 25 July 2011 and will be supervised by an independent adjudicator. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. The winners will be notified by email by 26 July 2011. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, through no fault of Microsoft, within TEN (10) days after the first attempt, an alternative winner will be selected at random. The winners may be required to participate in further publicity or advertising.
There will be 1 prize for the winner of each track as follows:
Samsung PS42C450 42” plasma TV (Private Cloud track)
Canon EOS 1000D digital SLR camera (Desktop track)
LG HT762TZ 5.1 DVD home cinema system (Public Cloud track)
Prizes are as stated and are not transferable. No cash alternatives available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. All prizes will be sent by 29 July 2011. Prizes may be considered a taxable benefit and winners will be directly responsible for accounting for any tax liability arising on their prize.
7. The winner consents to their surname being made publicly available. The winners surname will be available for a period of 30 days after the closing date by e mailing Georgina Lewis at email@example.com.
8. OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this competition or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserve the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time without notice.
9. Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.
Promoter: Microsoft Limited, Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1WG, England