Microsoft Security Advisory (954474)
System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Blocked from Deploying Security Updates
Published: | Updated:
Microsoft has completed the investigation into public reports of a non-security issue that affects environments with all supported versions of System Center Configuration Manager 2007 that deploy updates to Systems Management Services (SMS) 2003 clients. Microsoft has confirmed those reports and has released an update to correct this issue under Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 954474. Microsoft encourages customers affected by this issue to review and install this update.
- You can provide feedback by completing the form by visiting Microsoft Help and Support: Contact Us.
- Customers in the United States and Canada can receive technical support from Microsoft Product Support Services. For more information about available support options, see Microsoft Help and Support.
- International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries. For more information about how to contact Microsoft for international support issues, visit International Support.
- Microsoft TechNet Security provides additional information about security in Microsoft products.
The information provided in this advisory is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
- June 13, 2008: Advisory published.
- June 17, 2008: Advisory updated to reflect availability of fix.