Severity Level 19
There is insufficient system memory to run this query.
The memory requirements for the set of tasks Microsoft® SQL Server™ is attempting to perform exceeds the amount of available memory. Either increase the amount of server memory or reduce the server workload.
To decrease the server workload, reduce the number of users currently using SQL Server. To prevent additional users from logging in to SQL Server, pause the server. For more information, see Pausing and Resuming SQL Server.
To increase server memory:
- Check the settings for both min server memory (MB) and max server memory (MB).
If max server memory (MB) is a value close to the value of min server memory (MB), then increase the max server memory (MB) value.
- Check the size of the virtual memory paging file.
If possible, increase the size of the file.
- Shut down any other applications running, if applicable, on the server.
- View the current memory usage information in Windows NT Performance Monitor.
To view current memory usage information in preparation for tuning memory configuration, use the Total Server Memory (KB) Performance Monitor Counter of the SQLServer:General Statistics object.
- Add additional memory to the server.