Feature Selection (64-bit)
This topic applies only to SQL Server 2000 (64-bit).
Use the Feature Selection page of the Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2000 (64-bit) Installation Wizard to choose which SQL Server features to install. This dialog is displayed both when you run the SQL Server Setup program and after you choose Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel. For an existing installation, you can use this page to add or remove features.
The Feature Selection page consists of two panes. The left pane shows in a tree view the features that you can install. Expand a feature to view its subfeatures. When you click a feature or subfeature, the Feature Description box in the right pane describes the selection and displays its disk space requirements.
To add or remove a feature, click the icon representing the feature and choose one of the following options from the drop-down list:
- Will be installed on local hard drive
- Installs the selected feature in the location shown under Installation Path.
- Entire feature will be installed on local hard drive
- Installs the selected feature and all subfeatures. Expand the feature to view subfeatures.
- Entire feature will be unavailable
- For a new installation of SQL Server, choose this option if you do not want to install the selected feature. For an existing installation, choose this option to remove the feature from the installation. After you select this option, a red X will appear on the menu icon for the feature, and the icon on any parent features in the tree view will appear shaded.
The Feature Selection page also offers the following options:
Shows the folder where files for the selected feature will be installed. This option is displayed only for features with an installation path that users can configure.
Click this to change the location where the selected feature will be installed.
Click this to examine the available space for installing to different disks on the computer. After examining the disk space on your computer in the Disk Cost dialog box, you can click Resume to continue installing SQL Server or Exit to quit Setup.