Preparing to Deploy Exchange 2007
Applies to: Exchange Server 2007 SP3, Exchange Server 2007 SP2, Exchange Server 2007 SP1, Exchange Server 2007
Topic Last Modified: 2009-04-23
This section includes the following topics:
- Exchange 2007 System Requirements You must meet the system requirements described in this topic before you install Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
- How to Prepare Active Directory and Domains This topic includes information about how to prepare the Active Directory directory service and domains, and the permissions required to perform these preparation steps.
- Preparing Legacy Exchange Permissions This topic provides details about when and why to run Setup /PrepareLegacyExchangePermissions before you install Exchange 2007.
- How to Install Exchange 2007 SP1 and SP2 Prerequisites on Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista This topic provides procedures for installing the Exchange 2007 SP1 prerequisites if you are installing Exchange on Windows Server 2008.
- Deployment Security Checklist This topic lists recommendations for Exchange organization security.
- Configuring DNS Settings for Exchange 2007 Servers This topic provides details about Domain Name System (DNS) settings for Exchange 2007.
- Understanding Disjoint Namespace Scenarios with Exchange 2007 This topic describes the three supported scenarios for deploying Exchange 2007 in a topology with a disjoint namespace.
- How to Configure a DNS Suffix for the Edge Transport Server Role If you plan to install the Edge Transport server role, you must configure a DNS suffix for the server name.
- How to Provision Exchange 2007 Server and Delegate Setup This topic explains how to provide permissions to a user or group for running Setup.
- IPv6 Support in Exchange 2007 SP1 and SP2 This topic explains the support for Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) addressing in Exchange 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
- Understanding the Ports That Are Used by Exchange 2007 in a Mixed Environment This topic describes the ports that you must open to enable communication in a mixed environment that contains Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2007 computers.