Unified Messaging Errors and Events Reference
Applies to: Exchange Server 2007 SP3, Exchange Server 2007 SP2, Exchange Server 2007 SP1, Exchange Server 2007
Topic Last Modified: 2007-01-19
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Unified Messaging (UM) components, features, and services generate errors and events to enable you to effectively troubleshoot and monitor a Unified Messaging server.
Event Viewer maintains logs about program, security, and system events on your computer. You can use Event Viewer to view and manage the event logs, gather information about hardware and software problems, and monitor Windows security events. Although Event Viewer is a Microsoft Windows operating system tool and not a Microsoft Exchange tool, Event Viewer is useful when you troubleshoot problems with Microsoft Exchange. This topic describes the basic concepts related to Event Viewer.
This topic also describes the events that Unified Messaging lists in Event Viewer, explains how to use them to monitor Unified Messaging, and describes the error messages that are generated by a Unified Messaging server.
Unified Messaging generates errors and events in Event Viewer so that you can troubleshoot and verify the performance of Unified Messaging components, features, and services. Event Viewer tracks error events, warning events, and informational events in order of importance. The logs in Event Viewer provide an audited record of all services and processes in the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 operating system.
Unified Messaging errors and events are grouped into six categories that are based on core components, processes, and services of Unified Messaging. You can also filter the errors or events that have been generated by a Unified Messaging server by category. The categories for Unified Messaging error and events include the following:
The following is a list of the Unified Messaging errors and events. They are grouped according to the administrative functionality of the errors and events that are generated by a Unified Messaging server.
- Unified Messaging Administrative Errors and Events
- Unified Messaging Auto Attendant Errors and Events
- Unified Messaging Call Answering Errors and Events
- Unified Messaging Call Transfer Errors and Events
- Unified Messaging Fax Answering Errors and Events
- Unified Messaging Outdialing Errors and Events
- Unified Messaging Performance Errors and Events
- Unified Messaging Prompt Publishing Errors and Events
- Unified Messaging Speech Grammar Error and Events
- Unified Messaging Subscriber Access Errors and Events
- Unified Messaging System Errors and Events
- Unified Messaging Active Directory Errors and Events
For more information about performance objects and counters that are available for Unified Messaging, see Performance Counter Reference for Unified Messaging.
For more information about how to troubleshoot a Unified Messaging server, see Unified Messaging Server Issues.