Applies to: Exchange Server 2007 SP3, Exchange Server 2007 SP2, Exchange Server 2007 SP1
Topic Last Modified: 2006-09-15
Use the Server Configuration node to view a list of all the servers in your Exchange organization and perform server role-specific tasks.
The nodes that appear under Server Configuration show only the Microsoft Exchange servers that have a particular server role installed. The Server Configuration node contains the following sub-nodes:
- Mailbox Use this node to manage the features of Mailbox servers, including storage groups and databases. For more information about the Mailbox node, see Server Configuration > Mailbox.
- Client Access Use this node to manage the features of Client Access servers, including Microsoft Outlook Anywhere, Outlook Web Access, Exchange ActiveSync, and offline address book (OAB) distribution. For more information about the Client Access node, see Server Configuration > Client Access.
- Hub Transport Use this node to manage the features of Hub Transport servers, including receive connectors. For more information about the Hub Transport node, see Server Configuration > Hub Transport.
- Unified Messaging Use this node to manage the features of Unified Messaging (UM) servers, including enabling and disabling UM. For more information about the Unified Messaging node, see Server Configuration > Unified Messaging.
To focus on a set of servers that have specific attributes, you can use a variety of expressions to filter the server list that appears in the result pane. For more information about filters, see How to Filter the Result Pane.
When you select the Server Configuration node, the following actions are available either by right-clicking Server Configuration or by using the action pane.
- Modify Configuration Domain Controller
Click Modify Configuration Domain Controller to select the domain controller that you want to use for server and organization configuration.
Click View in the action pane to modify how objects are displayed in the Microsoft Management Console (MMC). The following options are available:
- Add/Remove Columns
Click Add/Remove Columns to select which columns you want to display in the result pane and to change the order. The available columns depend on the node that you select.
The MMC automatically saves your settings. To revert to the default column view, click Restore Defaults in the Add/Remove Columns dialog box.
- Save Current Filter as Default
Click Save Current Filter as Default to make the existing filter the default filter for the servers listed in the result pane.
- Visual Effects
Click Visual Effects to set the visual effects to be always on, never on, or automatic. Use the visual effects setting to configure how Exchange wizards are displayed. If your connection is slow when running wizards, you can increase performance by turning off visual effects. Use the Automatic setting to have the Exchange Management Console detect if your system should have visual effects turned on or off.
Click Customize to select the MMC components and snap-ins to display or hide. These settings apply to the entire MMC.
For more information, see Customize View.
- Add/Remove Columns