Installing MOM Administrator and Operator Consoles
Applies to: Exchange Server 2007 SP3, Exchange Server 2007 SP2, Exchange Server 2007 SP1, Exchange Server 2007
Topic Last Modified: 2010-01-20
The following are the main components that are installed with Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) Administrator and Operator consoles.
- Administrator Console Used to configure MOM servers, management packs and rules, and to deploy the MOM agent to computers.
- Operator Console Used to view and manage alerts, view the server state, view data that was collected from performance counters and the event log, and to run MOM tasks.
- Web Console Provides a limited view of the MOM alerts.
- Reporting Console Enables you to view historical data in the form of Service Availability reports and performance counter-based reports.
- Alerts by E-mail Enables you to receive critical error (red) alerts from all computers that are running Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 or only from a particular role.
|We recommend that you to upgrade to Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 to take advantage of the new and improved monitoring features for Exchange 2007. For more information about Operations Manager 2007 R2, see the System Center Operations Manager Web site.|
Follow these steps to install the MOM Administrator and Operator consoles.To install the MOM Administrator Console and the Operator Console
Run setup.exe from the MOM 2005 SP1 CD or the directory where you downloaded the MOM 2005 SP1 product to.
Select Install Microsoft Operations Manager 2005.
Continue the installation past the Microsoft Software License and registration dialog box, and then select Custom as your install choice.
De-select the Database and Management Server. The only component that you have to install is User Interfaces.
If you pass the prerequisite check, type the name of the Exchange server on which you are installing MOM and the management pack.