Administration in Essentials
Updated: April 14, 2010
Applies To: System Center Essentials 2010
The Administration navigation button displays the Administration Overview pane, which contains general System Center Essentials management information and settings.
When you click Administration, you can view the following information:
A list of agents that are installed on managed computers.
A list of devices and other computers that have been discovered, and details of selected devices.
General administration settings.
Security related information.
A list of installed Management Packs.
In the Administration Overview pane, you can also perform the following actions:
Run the Discovery Wizard to discover computers to manage.
Import Management Packs.
Export Management Packs.
Configure product settings.
Configure security settings.
You can use the Administration pane of the System Center Essentials 2010 console to configure managed objects and Essentials 2010 settings.
In This Section
- Administration Pane in Essentials
- Provides information about using the Administration pane in Essentials 2010.
- How to Use the Device Management Node in Essentials
- Provides information about performing the post-installation configuration of agent-managed computers and network devices.
- How To Work with Management Packs in Essentials
- Provides information about Management Pack concepts and tasks in Essentials 2010.
- How to Configure Notifications in Essentials
- Provides procedures for configuring notifications.
- How to Create a Run As Account in Essentials
- Provides the procedure to add a Windows account to a Run As Account in Essentials 2010.
- How to Create a Run As Profile in Essentials
- Provides the procedure to add a Windows account to a Run As Profile in Essentials 2010.
Other ResourcesUnderstanding the Essentials 2010 Console
Did you find this information helpful? Please click the following link to send your suggestions and comments about the documentation to the System Center Essentials Feedback alias: email@example.com.