System Center Essentials Deployment Planning and Installation
The topics in this section describe deployment issues and provide guidelines for deploying Essentials 2007.
In This Section
- About System Center Essentials Deployment
- Describes the basics of Essentials 2007 deployment, including an overview of the deployment process and deployment requirements.
- System Requirements and Supported Platforms for System Center Essentials
- Contains detailed hardware and software requirements for deploying Essentials 2007.
- Supported Deployment Topologies in System Center Essentials
- Describes the system topologies that are supported for Essentials 2007 deployment.
- How to Install the System Center Essentials Management Server
- Explains how to install the server components on a designated computer, which will be used as the Essentials 2007 Management Server.
- How to Change Windows Firewall Exceptions for System Center Essentials
- Describes how to change firewall exceptions on the Management Server and on managed computers.
- How to Install a Remote System Center Essentials Console
- Explains how to install a stand-alone System Center Essentials console to remotely control Essentials 2007 management functions.
- How to Uninstall System Center Essentials
- Explains how to properly uninstall any Essentials 2007 components.
- How to Configure a Manually Installed System Center Essentials Agent
- Explains the additional steps necessary after manually installing an Essentials 2007agent.
- How to Use a Command Line to Install and Uninstall System Center Essentials
- Explains the command line switches and provides examples of their use.
- How to Configure an ISA Server 2004 Firewall on Small Business Server for System Center Essentials
- Explains how to set up the firewall in ISA Server 2004 to support the Essentials 2007 Management Server on a computer running Microsoft Small Business Server.