How to Manage Collections
Updated: October 14, 2010
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
Collections are the primary means that Configuration Manager 2007 uses to define the recipients of packages. Although a number of collections come preinstalled with a standard Configuration Manager 2007 setup, it is frequently useful to add to or modify this selection to more effectively manage your organization. This section provides links to the tasks that help to manage collections within Configuration Manager.
Click the related link for detailed information about the associated collections management task.
In This Section
- How to Create a Collection
- Specifies how to create a new collection in Configuration Manager.
- How to Modify a Collection
- Specifies how to modify the properties and settings of an existing collection.
- How to Delete a Collection
- Specifies how to delete a collection from Configuration Manager.
- How to Update Collections
- Specifies how to update the membership of one or more collections on demand.
- How to Schedule Collection Updates
- Specifies how to schedule a collection to evaluate its membership rules and update collection membership on a recurring basis.
- How to View the Advertisements for a Collection
- Specifies how to view existing advertisements for a given collection.
- How to Configure Dynamic Collection Evaluation in Configuration Manager 2007 R3
- Provides information about how to configure the dynamic collection evaluation feature in Configuration Manager 2007 R3.
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.