Filter Status Messages Dialog Box
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
Use the Configuration Manager 2007 Filter Status Messages dialog box to filter the currently displayed status messages and display only those messages that meet the filter criteria. Note that status message filters cannot be saved for reuse. However, status message queries can be saved for reuse.
This dialog box contains the following elements:
- Specifies the search criteria. Matches are made by string comparisons in the corresponding status message fields except Severity and Type. The asterisk (*) wildcard character is allowed in all fields and is especially useful in the Description field. Without wildcards, you would have to type the complete description to get a match. An empty field matches all status message values for that field.
Specifies the severity of the message to find from the drop-down list. The following items are available:
Specifies the type of message to find from the drop-down list. The following items are available:
- Site code
- Specifies the Configuration Manager 2007 or SMS 2003 site code of the site where the status message was generated.
- Specifies the component that generated the status message (for example, SMS_SCHEDULER).
- Specifies the name of the computer that generated the status message.
- Message ID
- Specifies the status message ID you want to find.
- Specifies the text of the status message you want to find. The maximum length of this field is 255 characters. When displaying results, the viewer displays only the first 12 characters of the string that is being used as a filter.
- Opens the Advanced Filter Options dialog box, which enables you to specify additional filter criteria.
- Clear All
- Resets all fields.
- Exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Opens the help topic for this dialog box.
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.