Overview of the Configuration Manager Console
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
The Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 console is a snap-in for Microsoft Management Console (MMC) version 3.0. A snap-in is an application built to run within MMC. MMC provides you with a console for administrative tools where a variety of network and server administration tasks can occur within a single, integrated interface.
By using MMC, you can create and save customized consoles. You can then make these consoles available to administrators when you want to delegate specific management tasks. For example, you can create a customized console where an administrator can use only software distribution. However, to ensure their access is limited using software distribution, you must also adjust Configuration Manager 2007 security appropriately.
Before you can add the Configuration Manager 2007 console snap-in to MMC, you must run Configuration Manager 2007 Setup.
In This Section
- Understanding the Configuration Manager Console Tree
- Provides a conceptual overview of the Configuration Manager Console tree.
- About Navigating the Configuration Manager Console
- Describes how to move through the Configuration Manager Console using the keyboard, mouse clicks, and MMC toolbar buttons.
- About Folders and Search Folders
- Provides a conceptual overview of how to use standard folders and search folders.
- About Latency in the Configuration Manager Console
- Discusses the delays you might encounter between the time when information is requested and when it is displayed in the Configuration Manager Console.
ConceptsAbout the Accounts Used to Run the Configuration Manager Console
Other ResourcesUsing the Configuration Manager Console
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.