Configuration Manager Properties: Advanced Tab
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
Use the Advanced tab of the Configuration Manager 2007 Configuration Manager Properties dialog box to configure settings for this client's assigned site and to specify the size and location of the temporary program download folder.
|Settings on this tab can be configured only by a user with administrative rights. Configured settings might not be visible to low-rights users.|
This tab contains the following elements:
- Currently assigned to site code
Specify the name of the Configuration Manager 2007 site that this client is assigned to.
You can enter a new site code or click Discover to automatically search for a Configuration Manager 2007 site to assign to.
Note The site code cannot be modified if the client is configured for Internet-based client management and is currently on the Internet.
- Click this button to search for a Configuration Manager 2007 site to assign this client to. If the client is configured with an Internet-based management point, this functionality is not supported, even if the button is available.
- Specify or modify a DNS suffix for site assignment below
- Displays the DNS suffix of the default management point, which is required if Configuration Manager is publishing the default management point to DNS. If no value is displayed, or you want to change the currently specified value for this client, type it in. For example, if the client's default management point for its assigned site is server1.contoso.com, the DNS suffix is contoso.com.
- Amount of disk space to use (MB)
- Specify the amount of disk space in MB to use for the temporary program download folder. The default value is 5120 MB
- Change Location
Click to choose an existing folder to use as the temporary program download folder.
Note On Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 computers, the location of the temporary program download folder might be displayed incorrectly. If you click Change Location and accept the prompt to elevate the user rights to administrator, the location of the temporary program download folder will be displayed correctly.
- Delete files
- Click to delete files from the temporary program download folder. Older files are deleted automatically when space is needed in the cache.
- Saves the changes, and exits the dialog box.
- Exists the changes, and remains in the dialog box.
- Saves the changes, and remains in the dialog box.
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.