Inventoried File Properties Dialog Box
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
Use this dialog box to add or update the search criteria that are used to inventory files during software inventory.
Specify one complete file name. You can also specify one partial file name and use the '?' and '*' wildcards as follows:
Use '?' to replace any one character.
Use '*' to replace zero or more characters.
- Use '?' to replace any one character.
- The client hard disk location where files are inventoried from. Path also determines whether subdirectories are searched. Click Set to open the path properties dialog box so that you can update file path settings.
- Displays inventoried file location. Locations include all client hard disks, a single path variable, or path name. By default, All client hard disks is selected.
- Search subdirectories
- Indicates whether Location subdirectories are searched.
- Exclude encrypted and compressed files
Indicates whether to search for encrypted and/or compressed files.
Note While software inventory is capable of inventorying encrypted and compressed files, software inventory may run much slower due to the additional processing required. When encrypted files are inventoried, an unencrypted copy of the file must be created to inventory. In addition, if antivirus software is running on the client machine, the antivirus software will detect the inventory agent opening the files scanned by software inventory and will rescan them to ensure they are not infected with a virus.
- Exclude files in the Windows directory
- Indicates whether to search for files in the Windows directory. If you select this option, the Search subdirectories option is ignored.
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.