Prompt Properties Dialog Box
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
Use the Prompt Properties dialog box in Configuration Manager 2007 to create or modify a prompt in a report. Prompts are created to limit or target the data that a report retrieves. A report can contain more than one prompt as long as the prompt names are unique, and it can contain only alphanumeric characters that conform to the SQL rules for identifiers. After a prompt is created in a report, it must be integrated into the SQL statement. For information about how to create a prompt and integrate it into the SQL statement, see How to Create or Modify Report Prompts.
The Prompt Properties dialog box contains the following elements:
- Specifies the name for the prompt. This is a required setting.
- Prompt Text
- Specifies the prompt text that is displayed when the report runs. This is a required setting.
- Default value
- Specifies the default value that is automatically inserted into the prompt text box when a report runs. This is an optional setting.
- Allow an empty value
- Specifies whether the prompt value is required or if it is optional. By default, this setting is not enabled and the prompt value is required.
- Provide a SQL statement
- Specifies whether a list of possible values will be retrieved for the prompt based on a SQL statement. When this element is enabled, click Edit SQL Statement to specify the SQL statement for the prompt.
- Edit SQL Statement
- Opens the Prompt SQL Statement dialog box, where the SQL statement for the prompt is created or modified.
- Saves the changes, and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.