Planning for Internet-Based Client Management
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
Planning a site for Internet-based client management in Configuration Manager 2007 is critical and typically involves coordination with other teams that are responsible for security and the network infrastructure.
This section provides the planning steps to be included for deploying Configuration Manager 2007 to support Internet-based client management.
Click the related link below for detailed information about how to plan the Configuration Manager 2007 site to support Internet-based client management.
In This Section
- Determine If You Should Use Internet-Based Client Management
- Helps you to determine if using Internet-based client management is appropriate for your Configuration Manager 2007 site.
- Determine Administrator Roles and Processes for Internet-Based Client Management
- Provides guidance on the various administrator roles and processes involved with implementing Internet-based client management in Configuration Manager 2007, and warns of some of the consequences if these are not taken into account.
- Determine Site Placement for Internet-based Client Management
- Helps you identify where to place the Internet-based sites in the Configuration Manager hierarchy.
- Determine Server Placement for Internet-Based Client Management
- Helps you identify where to place site systems and related servers when the site is configured to support Internet-based client management.
- Determine the Ports Required for Internet-Based Client Management
- Helps you to identify the ports used with Internet-based client management. This information might be required for configuring network devices, such as firewalls, that are placed between network security boundaries, such as the Internet and your perimeter network, and the perimeter network and the intranet.
- Determine Requirements for Proxy Web Servers to Use With Internet-Based Client Management
- Identifies the requirements for proxy Web servers if your environment has these placed between the Internet and your company networks.
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.