Available Software Updates Dialog Box on Clients
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
The Available Software Updates dialog box in Configuration Manager 2007 displays all software updates that are available for installation on client computers. The following information is displayed:
Vendor: Specifies the vendor whose catalog contains the software update.
Name: Specifies the name of the software update.
Deadline: Specifies the deadline date and time for mandatory software updates. If the deadline is reached and the software update deployment has not yet run on the client, the installation starts automatically. Optional software updates have a deadline value of N/A.
Status: Specifies the current status of the software update. The possible values are Available, Restart Pending, and Failed.
Update summary: Specifies additional information about a selected software update. Information is listed only when a software update is selected.
More information: Specifies a URL that links to more information for the software update. A URL is listed only when a software update is selected.
This dialog box contains the following elements:
- < Software update name >
- Specifies the software updates that are available for installation. Select the updates to install. Multiple software updates can be selected. By default, all mandatory software updates are automatically selected.
- Schedule Installation
- Opens the Updates tab of the Systems Management Properties where you can specify whether to install required software updates on a recurring schedule.
- Initiates the installation for all software updates that have been selected. The Available Software Updates dialog box closes, and a software updates installation progress dialog box appears. The Install button is enabled when a software update has been selected for install.
- Restart Now
- Specifies that a system restart should be initiated. This option is available only when a software update is in the Pending restart state.
- Closes the Available Software Updates dialog box. Any installs that have been previously initiated will not be interrupted by closing the dialog box.
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.