Distribute Software Wizard
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
Use the Distribute Software Wizard in Configuration Manager 2007 to distribute an existing software distribution package or create a new package and then distribute it to clients.
Click the following related links for detailed information about each wizard page in the Distribute Software Wizard.
In This Section
- Package Page
- Specifies whether to create a new package or distribute an existing package to clients.
- Package Definition Page
- Specifies which package definition file to use to create the new package.
- Package Identification Page
- Specifies the general information for a new package being created without a definition file.
- Program Identification Page
- Specifies the general information for a new program being created within the new package.
- Program Properties Page
- Specifies the conditions under which the program can run, as well as the action to take after it runs.
- Source Files Page
- Specifies whether the package contains source files that must be accessed from a directory or stored on the distribution point.
- Source Directory Page
- Specifies the directory location of any source files that need to be accessed to run the package.
- Source File Compression Page
- Specifies the directory location of any compressed source files that need to be accessed to run the package.
- Distribution Points Page
- Specifies the distribution points where client computers will access the package.
- Advertise Program Page
- Specifies whether or not to advertise a program from this package to client resources.
- Select Program Page
- Specifies which program to advertise to members of a collection.
- Current Advertisements Page
- Specifies whether the current advertisements for the selected program are sufficient.
- Advertisement Target Page
- Specifies the target collection to be reached by the advertisement.
- New Collection Page
- Specifies general information about the new collection to which the advertised program will be distributed.
- Collection Membership Rules Page
- Specifies the rules for populating the new collection to which the advertised program will be distributed.
- Advertisement Name Page
- Specifies a name and any additional comments for the advertisement.
- Advertisement Subcollection Page
- Specifies whether the advertisement should apply to subcollections.
- Advertisement Schedule Page
- Specifies when the program should be advertised.
- Assign Program Page
- Specifies whether the program should be made mandatory for clients.
- Wizard - Summary Page
- Provides a summary of the advertisement and program properties.
- Wizard - Progress Page
- Provides the progress for the advertisement creation.
- Wizard - Completing the Wizard Page
- Provides a summary of the created advertisement and program properties or a list of issues that occurred during the advertisement creation.
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.