This section provides information about creating, modifying, deploying, operating, and managing virtual machines in Virtual Machine Manager.
In This Section
- About Virtual Machines
- Describes how virtual machines are implemented in Virtual Machine Manager and gives an overview of physical to virtual machine (P2V) conversions and virtual-to-virtual conversions (V2V).
- Creating Virtual Machines
- Provides procedures for creating virtual machines from a virtual hard disk, a template, an existing virtual machine, a physical server (P2V conversion), or an existing VMware virtual machine (V2V conversion).
- How to Modify the Properties of a Virtual Machine
- Provides procedures for modifying the properties of a virtual machine to add custom properties, configure the virtual machine for use in virtual machine self-service, create checkpoints, configure Virtual Server start and stop actions, and modify other settings that were configured when the virtual machine was created or deployed.
- Deploying Virtual Machines
- Describes virtual machine placement, explains how to customize the way hosts are rated during the placement process, and provides procedures for deploying a virtual machine and for migrating a deployed virtual machine to a different host.
- Managing Virtual Machines
- Provides procedures for operating and connecting to virtual machines, merging or discarding undo disks for a virtual machine, repairing a failed virtual machine, storing a virtual machine in the library, removing a virtual machine, and for creating and managing virtual machine checkpoints.