Updated: November 1, 2008
Applies To: System Center Data Protection Manager 2007
Data Protection Manager (DPM) 2007 is designed to run on a dedicated, single-purpose server that cannot be either a domain controller or an application server. The DPM server must not serve as a management server for Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) 2005 or Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007; you can, however, monitor the DPM server and the computers that it protects in MOM or in Operations Manager.
The System Requirements section the security, network, hardware, software, and operating system requirements for DPM 2007.
In This Section
- Security Requirements
- Describes the DPM 2007 security requirements.
- Network Requirements
- Lists the DPM 2007 network and wide-area network (WAN) requirements.
- Hardware Requirements
- Details the prerequisites for the storage pool and the minimum and recommended hardware requirements for the DPM server.
- Software Prerequisites
- Describes the software prerequisites for a complete DPM 2007 installation.
- DPM Server Operating System Prerequisites
- Lists the DPM 2007 operating system prerequisites.
- DPM Server Software Prerequisites
- Lists the DPM server software prerequisites.
- Protected Computer Prerequisites
- Lists the prerequisites for each computer that DPM 2007 protects.
- Manually Installing Prerequisite Software
- Gives instructions on how to install prerequisite software manually.