Optional Configuration Tasks
This section provides information about the optional configuration steps that you might need to perform to make Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) fully functional in your environment.
For more information about operating and maintaining VMM, see Operations at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=86286.
In This Section
- Configuring a Remote Instance of SQL Server
- Provides step-by-step instructions for configuring a remote instance of SQL Server as the VMM database when installing the VMM server.
- Configuring VMM System Settings
Provides information about configuring the following systemwide settings for VMM:
The Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP)
The VMM Library
Virtual machine placement
Virtual Machine Remote Control (VMRC)
- The Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP)
- Adding and Configuring Host Groups
- Provides information about adding and configuring host groups.
- Configuring Self-Service
- Provides information about configuring self-service for VMM.
- Configuring Reporting
- Provides information about configuring monitoring and reporting for VMM.
- Configuring a SAN Environment for VMM
- Provides conceptual and technical information and step-by-step instructions for configuring VMM for a SAN environment.