Introduction to Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Administration Guide
This Administration Guide explains how to configure and manage your Microsoft® Office Communications Server 2007 topology.
This guide contains the following sections:
- Management Overview provides an overview of the tools used to administer Office Communications Server 2007, new management features in this release, the platforms that you can use to administer servers and users, and the version restrictions for using Office Communications Server 2007 with previous releases.
- Installing and Using Administrative Tools describes the management tools available for managing Office Communications Server 2007 servers and users, including how to install and use each, including the Office Communications Server 2007, the Computer Management snap-in extension, and Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Managing Global Settings for the Forest describes how to manage the global settings that affect all servers and pools in the forest, including specifying the supported internal SIP domains, as well as viewing the status of specific components and settings.
- Managing Enterprise Pools and Standard Edition Servers describes how to manage pools, as well as individual Standard Edition Server servers and servers in Enterprise pools, including controlling the availability of specific services and servers.
- Managing External Connectivity for Your Organization with Edge Servers describes how to manage federation, public IM connectivity, remote users and related functionality to support external connectivity using edge servers, including managing server connectivity between internal servers and edge servers, configuring internal and external interfaces and certificates for edge servers, and monitoring and managing access by specific federated partners.
- Administering Address Book Servers describes how to configure an Address Book Server, the component responsible for providing global address list information from Active Directory® Domain Services and performing phone number normalization for Communicator telephony integration.
- Managing Usage describes how to set up and configure specific functions and features of Office Communications Server 2007, including those required for implementing support for Web conferencing meetings, distribution groups, contacts, presence, queries, client version filtering, intelligent IM filtering, archiving, call detail recording, meeting compliance, and applications.
- Managing User Accounts describes how to enable and configure individual accounts to provide the functionality required for each account, as well as how to search for, move, and delete users.
- Using Office Communications Server 2007 Logging Tool provides procedures for using the debug functionality of Office Communications Server 2007 Logging Tool, as well as other logging and tracing functions.
- Appendix A: How Server Settings Affect Client Functionality provides a table that maps server settings to client functionality.
- Appendix B: Quick Reference to the User Interface for Office Communications Server 2007 Administration Tools provides an overview of the primary elements of the user interface that you use to manage Office Communications Server 2007.
- Appendix C: Service Restarts provides a list of the Office Communications Server 2007 services, the requirements for stopping, starting, or restarting one or more services when changing specific MMC and WMI settings.
- Appendix D: Active Directory Replication provides an overview of the settings that require Active Directory replication to complete before they take effect.