Autodiscover Outlook 2007 Client
Once an Autodiscover "redirect" site has been created and configured, and CNAME records set up in DNS for a hosted domain, the following behavior will be seen for a user at alpineskihouse.com attempting to set up an Outlook 2007 profile from the Internet.
- User starts Outlook 2007 for the first time and enters their username and password.
- Outlook 2007 attempts to connect to https://alpineskihouse.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml and fails.
- Outlook 2007 attempts to connect to https://autodiscover.alpinskihouse.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml and fails.
- Outlook 2007 attempts to connect to http://autodiscover.alpineskihouse.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml and succeeds but receives an HTTP-level redirect to https://autodiscover.fabrikam.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml.
- Outlook 2007 warns the user about this redirect and asks them if they trust getting their settings from fabrikam.com. (The warning can be turned off by the user after the first time).
- If the user accepts, Outlook 2007 will then connect to https://autodiscover.fabrikam.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml and retrieves all the relevant profile settings with success.