Middle Tier Architecture
The Middle Tier architecture is designed to support between 5,000 and 20,000 users. It includes both dedicated servers and servers running more than one role:
- Two servers running Edge Services
- Two servers running Client Access and Unified Messaging server roles
- Two servers running Hub Transport Services
- Three cluster continuous replication (CCR) clusters (a total of 6 physical servers)
Customers looking for a lower-TCO, lower-SLA solution could run five local continuous replication (LCR) servers instead.
- Two Active Directory directory service Domain Controllers
The following figure shows the architecture for a Middle Tier deployment.
Figure: Architecture for Middle Tier deployment