This section provides information on the installation and configuration of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and describes the procedure to turn on Automatic Updates.
Figure: Overview of the WSUS process
The preceding figure shows the process by which WSUS performs updates on servers and clients.
- Administrator subscribes to update categories
- Server downloads updates from Microsoft Update
- Clients register themselves with the server
- Administrator puts clients in different target groups
- Administrator approves updates
- Agents install administrator-approved updates