Event ID 10020 — DHCPv6 Server Service
Updated: December 11, 2007
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) can lease both Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) and Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) addresses. If IPv6 is not available, the DHCP service uses IPv4 only.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||This computer has at least one dynamically assigned IPv6 address. For reliable DHCPv6 server operation, you should use only static IPv6 addresses.|
Configure a static IP address for the DHCP server
To perform these procedures, you must be a member of the Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To configure TCP/IP for static addressing:
- At the DHCP server computer, click Start, click Control Panel, double-click Network and Sharing Center, and then click Manage network connections.
- Right-click the network connection you want to configure, and then click Properties.
- On the Networking tab, click Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6), and then click Properties.
- Click Use the following IP address, and then type the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway.
- Click Use the following DNS server addresses.
- In Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server, type the primary and secondary DNS server addresses.
To verify that the DHCPv6 service is running:
- At the DHCPv6 server computer, click Start, click Run, and then type cmd.
- At the command prompt, type sc queryex dhcp.
- The DHCPv6 Server service state should be displayed as RUNNING.