Event ID 1109 — Application of Group Policy
Updated: September 21, 2007
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Group Policy uses the information collected during preprocessing to apply settings to the computer or user. The Group Policy service cycles through each client-side extension, sharing the previous collected information. Each client-side extension then applies its specific policy settings to the computer or users. During this process, one or more client-side extensions may report problems when attempting to apply policy settings.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The user account is in a different forest than the computer account. The processing of Group Policy from another forest is not allowed. Group Policy will be processed using Loopback Replace mode. The scope of the user policy settings will be determined by the location of the computer object in Active Directory. The settings will be acquired from the User Configuration of these policies.|
Enable cross-forest user Group Policy processing
- Open the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC).
- Create a new Group Policy object (GPO) or select an existing one.
- Edit the GPO and enable the following policy setting: AllowCross-Forest User Policy and Roaming User Profiles (located in Administrative Templates\System\Group Policy).
- Log off and restart the computer.
Group Policy applies during computer startup and user logon. Afterward, Group Policy applies every 90 to 120 minutes. Events appearing in the event log may not reflect the most current state of Group Policy. Therefore, you should always refresh Group Policy to determine if Group Policy is working correctly.
To refresh Group Policy on a specific computer:
- Open the Start menu. Click All Programs and then click Accessories.
- Click Command Prompt.
- In the command prompt window, type gpupdate and then press ENTER.
- When the gpupdate command completes, open the Event Viewer.
Group Policy is working correctly if the last Group Policy event to appear in the System event log has one of the following event IDs: