Event ID 3024 — Windows Search
Updated: January 27, 2011
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
The Windows Search service indexes information about the contents of your hard disk to facilitate your searches, making them much faster and more accurate.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The update cannot be started because the content sources cannot be accessed. Fix the errors and try the update again.%1|
Stop and Restart the Windows Search service
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To stop and restart the Windows Search service:
- Click Start, point to All Programs, and then click Accessories.
- Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
- If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- At the command prompt, type net stop wsearch to stop the Windows Search service.
- Restart the Windows Search service by typing net start wsearch.
To verify that files are being indexed:
- Click Start and then click Run.
- In the Run dialog box, type notepad.exe. Notepad should open.
- Type an unusual keyword or phrase in the new document, and then save the file to your My Documents directory or to another directory that is being indexed.
- Click Start, and then type your new keyword or phrase in the Search box. The file you created using Notepad should appear in the Search Results window.