Windows Essential Business Server Deployment Overview
Updated: March 10, 2009
To successfully deploy Windows EBS, follow these six steps:
- Prepare your current network to work together with Windows EBS.
- Plan how to integrate Windows EBS into your current networking environment.
- Install the Management Server software.
- Install the Security Server software.
- Install the Messaging Server software.
- Configure features and migrate key server roles and services to the
computers running Windows EBS.
|You can perform all of the deployment steps except for the Security Server installation during normal business hours. Internet connectivity is temporarily disrupted during the Security Server installation when network connections are changed. We recommend that you plan the Security Server installation during the least critical time for Internet availability.|