Updated: March 28, 2003
Applies To: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows Server 2003 with SP1, Windows Server 2003 with SP2
DHCPLoc uses the following syntax:
dhcploc [/p] [/a:"AlertNameList"] [/i:AlertInterval] ComputerIPAddress [ValidDHCPServerList]
- Suppresses display of detected packets from any of the authorized DHCP servers specified in ValidDHCPServerList.
- /a:" AlertNameList "
- Sends alert messages to the names in AlertNameList if any unauthorized DHCP servers are found.
- /i: AlertInterval
- Specifies the alert frequency in seconds.
- Specifies the IP address of the computer from which you are running DHCPLoc. If the computer has multiple adapters, you must specify the IP address of the adapter that is connected to the subnet you want to test.
- Specifies the IP addresses of any number of authorized DHCP servers. The tool does not send alerts when it detects packets from the servers in this list; however, it displays those packets unless you use the /p parameter.