Configuring Operations Manager Integration with VMM
Updated: January 22, 2011
Applies To: Virtual Machine Manager 2008, Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2, Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 SP1
System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) 2008 uses System Center Operations Manager 2007 to monitor the health and availability of the virtual machines and virtual machine hosts that VMM is managing. VMM also uses Operations Manager to monitor the health and availability of the VMM server, database server, library servers, and self-service Web servers, and to provide Diagram views of the virtualized environment in the VMM Administrator Console. To enable these features, you must integrate Operations Manager with VMM. Integration with Operations Manager is also a prerequisite for enabling Performance and Resource Optimization (PRO) in VMM and for configuring reporting in VMM.
The procedures in this section explain how to perform an initial Operations Manager integration for VMM 2008 or VMM 2008 R2. The procedures also explain how to update your Operations Manager integration after you upgrade to VMM 2008 R2, and how to add additional management servers or an additional VMM server to an Operations Manager management group that has been integrated with VMM.
In This Section
- How to Integrate Operations Manager with VMM 2008 R2
- Describes how to integrate Operations Manager 2007 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Operations Manager 2007 R2 with a new installation of VMM 2008 R2.
- How to Manually Configure Operations Manager for VMM 2008 R2
- Describes how to manually configure Operations Manager rather than use the VMM Setup Wizard when your VMM server and Operations Manager root management server are in different Active Directory domains. (This is one of several required configuration tasks for integrating Operations Manager with VMM 2008 R2.)
- How to Update Your Operations Manager Integration After Upgrading to VMM 2008 R2
- Describes how to update your existing Operations Manager integration to work with VMM 2008 R2 after you migrate from VMM 2008 to VMM 2008 R2.
- How to Update Your Operations Manager Integration After Upgrading to VMM 2008 R2 SP1
- Describes how to update your existing Operations Manager integration to work with VMM 2008 R2 SP1 after you migrate from VMM 2008 R2 to VMM 2008 R2 with SP1.
- How to Integrate Operations Manager with VMM 2008
- Describes how to integrate System Center Operations Manager 2007 SP1 with a new installation of VMM 2008.
- How to Add an Additional VMM Server to an Existing Operations Manager Management Group
- Describes how to add another VMM server to an Operations Manager management group that is already integrated with VMM.
- How to Add a Management Server to an Operations Manager Management Group That Has Been Integrated with VMM
- Describes how to update your Operations Manager integration with VMM after you add a new management server to the management group that is monitoring VMM.
- How to Add Members to the Administrator Role in Operations Manager 2007
- Describes how to add a member to the Administrator role in Operations Manager so that you can perform administrative tasks in Operations Manager.