Running Clusrun Commands
Updated: April 3, 2009
Applies To: Windows HPC Server 2008
In Windows HPC Server 2008, cluster administrators can use clusrun to run a command-line command in parallel across a set of nodes in the cluster, and collect the node outputs back on the client computer. Clusrun commands allow you to accomplish tasks such as:
- Deploying applications to a set of nodes by using clusrun to execute a setup command or script (for example, \\server\share\setup.exe –unattend)
- Setting or managing the configuration of a node (for example, net start SomeService)
- Collecting information about compute node configuration (for example, ipconfig /all)
Clusrun commands run through the HPC Job Scheduler Service. The HPC Job Scheduler Service creates a job with a task that will run on each node specified for the clusrun command. You can see information about clusrun commands (jobs) that were submitted to the cluster, including details about which nodes succeeded or failed to run the command, in Job Management (in the Navigation Pane, click Clusrun Commands).
For information about using HPC Cluster Manager, see Overview of HPC Cluster Manager.
Running clusrun commands
Using the Run command action in Node Management is the same as running the clusrun command-line command.To run a clusrun command
In Node Management, in the Navigation Pane, click Nodes.
In the views pane, select one or more nodes.
Right-click your selection, then click Run Command.
In the Run a Command dialog box, type a valid command, then click Run.
Click either the Output, or the Output by Node tab to see the output for each node.
Optionally, click Export to save the output.
- You can run clusrun commands using the HPC command-line tools. For more information about the HPC command-line tools, see the Windows HPC Server 2008 Command Reference (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=120724).
- To open HPC Cluster Manager, click Start, point to All Programs, click Microsoft HPC Pack, and then click HPC Cluster Manager. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.