Microsoft Provisioning System Software Development Kit
The installation CD includes the Microsoft Provisioning System (MPS) Software Development Kit (SDK) and Microsoft Provisioning Framework (MPF) documentation. The MPS SDK provides information and resources you can use to extend and customize MPF. For instance, the MPS SDK contains Microsoft Visual Studio add-ins that simplify the creation of custom providers and namespaces.
The MPS SDK documentation provides detailed information about using the SDK. General MPF deployment and operations information is covered in the solution documentation and the MPF.CHM file.
The MPS SDK and documentation include the following components:
- Descriptions of MPF, including MPF architecture and security
- Details about customizing MPF, including detailed instructions for how to create and customize providers and namespaces
- Descriptions of all standard providers and namespaces
- Descriptions of all solution-related providers and namespaces
- Detailed information about the four application programming interfaces (APIs) in MPF, including IProvEngine and IProvQueue
- The latest version of the .NET Client Wrapper class which can be used to submit requests from .NET languages
- Detailed information about the .NET Provider Base class, which can be used to write providers using C# and other .NET programming languages
- Visual Studio 2005 integrated development tools, which allow for a more streamlined developing experience
- Detailed information about all elements of the MPF provisioning schema
- Detailed information about the tools available for implementing and managing MPF components
The MPS SDK documentation is integrated into the Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 Help systems. A Link to the Microsoft Provisioning Framework documentation is also available from the Start menu.