Planning for Security and Protection
Updated: December 1, 2008
Applies To: Application Virtualization
As an infrastructure administrator, you must provide a secure, productive, and supportable, environment. Security for the Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) system relies on proper setup of the software and the environment in which it operates. This section of the Planning and Deployment Guide provides guidance for configuring the various App-V components to enhance the security of your environment. You should carefully consider the exposure and attack surface of your App-V environment before deciding to deploy a system without applying the security recommendations outlined in this section.
In This Section
- Security and Protection Overview
- Provides overview information about the security and protection of your App-V system.
- Planning for Server Security
- Provides information you can use to configure the Application Virtualization Management Server and Application Virtualization Streaming Server.
- Planning for Client Security
- Provides information you can use to configure the Application Virtualization Management Desktop Client.
- Planning for Sequencer Security
- Provides information you can use to configure the Application Virtualization Sequencer.
Other ResourcesPlanning for Application Virtualization System Deployment
You can learn more about MDOP in the TechNet Library, search for troubleshooting on the TechNet Wiki, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.