New Office Communicator Mobile for Java
Topic Last Modified: 2009-04-01
Microsoft Office Communicator Mobile for Java is a new enterprise messaging client built on the Java Platform Micro Edition. When deployed together with Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Communicator Mobile for Java enables several mobile phones that are otherwise not supported by native clients but have the capability to run Java applications to function as unified communications endpoints, providing instant messaging (IM), presence, and telephony to create a familiar experience for users of Microsoft Office Communicator.
Like Office Communicator users, Communicator Mobile for Java users can:
- View Contact List and click to call.
- View contacts’ presence.
- Search enterprise directory and click to call.
- Directly dial enterprise-routed calls from a mobile phone.
- Benefit from Single Number Reach, where a user can be reached on the mobile phone like all other endpoints when contacted through one phone number assigned to the user.
- Control incoming enterprise-routed cellular voice calls and choose to redirect them to Unified Enterprise Voice Mail.
- Receive notifications of unread voice mail count and respond by calling voice mail (on selected models).
- Initiate IM conversations with individuals and also add more participants to escalate conversations to IM Conferences.
- Retrieve the phone book contacts from the phone into Communicator Mobile for Java and call those numbers from Communicator Mobile for Java.