SQL Server Reporting Services
[Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0]
The following SQL Server Reporting Services editions are required and must be installed, running, and available for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, Standard Edition with SP3
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, Enterprise Edition with SP3
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, Standard Edition, x64 with SP3
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, Enterprise Edition, x64 with SP3
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Standard Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Standard Edition, x64
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Enterprise Edition, x64
- SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services editions are not supported with this version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server.
- When a user who belongs to multiple organizations within a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 deployment executes a report, the report executes correctly only if it is executed against that user's default organization. To avoid problems that can arise from this, make sure that you use the same deployment of SQL Server Reporting Services for each organization in your Microsoft Dynamics CRM deployment.
- SQL Server 2005, Workgroup Edition is not supported for running the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services when Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server is installed as an Internet-facing deployment (IFD). This is because SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition does not support custom data extensions. Therefore, some features such as report scheduling will not work.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services cannot be used to view a report that uses a Windows SharePoint Web Part or that is called from a custom .ASPX page. For these implementations, you must publish the report for external use. In addition, you must configure trust for delegation to enable double-hop Kerberos authentication. To publish a report for external use, follow these steps.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Workplace, and then under My Work, click Reports.
- Select the report, and on the Actions toolbar, click Edit Report.
- On the Actions menu, click Publish Report For External Use.