Using Windows PowerShell to Manage Lync Online
Topic Last Modified: 2013-07-05
With the June 2013 release of Lync Online, administrators are now able to use Windows PowerShell to manage their Lync Online deployment and their Lync Online user accounts. A number of articles have been written to introduce Windows PowerShell as a management tool, and to help you make the best and most efficient use of this new capability when administering Lync Online. These articles include:
- An Introduction to Windows PowerShell and Lync Online. Designed for administrators with limited experience with Windows PowerShell, this article explains what Windows PowerShell is and how Windows PowerShell relates to the Lync Online admin center. The article also provides an introduction to working with Windows PowerShell cmdlets and parameters.
- Configuring Your Computer for Lync Online Management. Provides information on the hardware and software requirements for using Windows PowerShell to connect to Lync Online.
- Connecting to Lync Online By Using Windows PowerShell. Provides information on how to create a remote Windows PowerShell session that connects to Lync Online.
- Managing Lync Online and Microsoft Exchange from the Same Remote Windows PowerShell Session. Shows how you can manage both Lync Online and Exchange Online from a single instance of Windows PowerShell.
- The Lync Online Cmdlets. Provides a brief overview of the Windows PowerShell cmdlets that can be used to manage Lync Online, and also provides links to more comprehensive documentation for each of these cmdlets.
- Identities, Scopes, and Tenants. Explains key management terms such as identity, scope, and tenant, and provides examples of when—and how—to employ the concepts behind those terms.
- Using Windows PowerShell in a Hybrid Deployment. Provides an introduction to using Windows PowerShell in a hybrid deployment: a deployment where some users have accounts homed on Lync Online and other users have accounts homed on an on-premises implementation of Lync Server.
- Diagnosing and Resolving Connection Problems with Lync Online. Explains error messages that might occur when you attempt to use Windows PowerShell to connect to Lync Online, and suggests steps that can be taken to resolve the issues that underlie those error messages.