Configuring Virtual Desktops for RemoteApp and Desktop Connection
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
To provide users access to virtual desktops through RemoteApp and Desktop Connection, Remote Desktop Connection Broker (RD Connection Broker) must be correctly configured to use the servers that are required to support virtual desktops. The required servers are the following:
- Remote Desktop Virtualization Host (RD Virtualization Host) servers that host the virtual machines to be used as virtual desktops.
- A Remote Desktop Session Host (RD Session Host) server configured to provide redirection to the virtual desktops.
- A Remote Desktop Web Access (RD Web Access) server through which the virtual desktops are made available to users.
|Virtual desktops include virtual machines in virtual desktop pools and personal virtual desktops.|
In the Remote Desktop Connection Manager tool, you can configure RD Connection Broker to use these servers by doing either of the following:
- Specifying the servers by using the Configure Virtual Desktops Wizard.
- Manually specifying the servers by navigating to the appropriate dialog boxes.
|Before you run the Configure Virtual Desktops Wizard or manually specify the servers, ensure that these servers have been installed and are available on the network. For more information, see Configuring an Environment to Support RemoteApp and Desktop Connection.|
For information about the Configure Virtual Desktops Wizard, see Run the Configure Virtual Desktops Wizard.
For information about manually specifying the servers, see the following topics:
Add an RD Virtualization Host Server for RemoteApp and Desktop Connection
Configure Redirection Settings for Virtual Desktops
Configure RemoteApp and Desktop Connection Properties
For information about other virtual desktop settings, see Configuring Virtual Desktop Settings.