Performance Tuning and Optimization in Time-Critical Networks
Microsoft® BizTalk® Server 2002
Summary: This book discusses how the Microsoft EBizX Design Wins team and Microsoft Consulting Services used Microsoft BizTalk Server 2002 and Microsoft Host Integration Server 2000 to implement an optimized payment system for a fictitious bank. The Payment System Solution was developed to help the local bank meet requirements stipulated by a central banking authority. In this book we discuss the Payment System Solution in detail, and also present a simplified sample application—the Sample Payment System—that you can run to see how the payment system operates.
- Details the development, deployment, and performance testing of the Payment System Solution.
- Discusses the basic concepts behind the application design.
- Examines the application architecture in depth, highlighting specific optimizations and discussing how the design was tuned for performance.
- Analyzes the application code, showing you step-by-step how to use code generation classes and implement virtual methods, taking full advantage of object-oriented programming.
- Discusses deployment topologies, including lessons learned and principles that you can apply to your own enterprise projects.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Setting up the Sample Payment System
Chapter 2. Investigating and Understanding the Payment System Solution
Chapter 3. Examining and Detailing the Payment System Solution
Chapter 4. Brief Planner's Guide
Chapter 5. Developer's Guide to the Payment System Solution
Chapter 6. Ready for Rollout
Chapter 7. Testing Methodologies, Topologies, and Metrics
Chapter 8. Lessons Learned
Appendix A. Sample Payment System: Configuring BizTalk Server
Appendix B. Sample Payment System: E-Business Foundation Layer Code
Appendix C. Sample Payment System: Application Layer Code
Download a copy of this document (3,372 KB).
Download a copy of the sample code (1,998 KB).
Windows Server System Online Books