RADIUS Client Certificate Configuration Dialog Box
Updated: October 1, 2009
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
Use the RADIUS Client Certificate Configuration dialog box to configure details related to the certificate template that will be used by AMT-based computers to authenticate to a RADIUS server when they are managed on an authenticated wired 802.1X network or wireless network.
|The information in this topic applies only to Configuration Manager 2007 SP2.|
This dialog box contains the following elements.
- Issuing CA
- Specifies the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of an online issuing Microsoft enterprise certification authority (CA) that can automatically approve certificate requests from the site server. The available enterprise CAs are queried and displayed from Active Directory Domain Services. There is no default for this setting.
- CA Name
- Displays the name of the certification authority selected above. This field is read-only and has no default setting.
- RADIUS client certificate template
- Displays the Microsoft enterprise CA certificate template that the site server uses when requesting client certificates on behalf of AMT-based computers. These certificates will be used for client authentication to a RADIUS server when the AMT-based computers are managed out of band on an authenticated wired 802.1X or wireless network. For more information about the requirements for this certificate, see Certificate Requirements for Out of Band Management. For procedural information about how to configure the certificate template, see the section “Preparing the Client Authentication Certificates for 802.1X AMT-Based Computers” in the following example deployments:
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Opens the help topic for this dialog box.
TasksHow to Configure AMT-Based Computers for 802.1X Authenticated Wired and Wireless Networks
ConceptsAbout Certificates for Out of Band Management
Certificate Requirements for Out of Band Management
Other ResourcesOut of Band Management in Configuration Manager 2007 SP1 and Later
Out of Band Management Properties
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.