Configuring Management or Streaming Server for Secure Communications Post-Installation
Updated: October 9, 2009
Applies To: Application Virtualization
If the proper certificate was not provisioned before the installation of the App-V Management Server or the App-V Streaming Server, App-V can be configured for enhanced security after the initial installation. You can configure the App-V Management Server through the App-V Management Console. However, the App-V Streaming Server is managed through the registry. In either case, the certificate must include the proper extended key usage (EKU) for Server authentication and the Network Service must have read access to the private key.
In This Section
- How to Configure Management Server Security Post-Installation
- Provides a procedure that can be performed post-installation, using the App-V Management Console, to add the certificate and configure the App-V Management Server for enhanced security.
- How to Configure Streaming Server Security Post-Installation
- Provides a procedure that can be performed post-installation, to add the certificate and configure the App-V Streaming Server for enhanced security.
- Troubleshooting Certificate Permission Issues
- Provides troubleshooting guidance for when the private key has not been configured with the proper ACL for the Network Service.
You can learn more about MDOP in the TechNet Library, search for troubleshooting on the TechNet Wiki, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.