Updated: July 12, 2010
Applies To: System Center Operations Manager 2007
Information collected by a management pack in Operations Manager 2007 is presented to the user through the Operations console in views and reports. Views provide detailed information from the Operations Manager database about daily operations. Reports provide aggregated information from the data warehouse about trending and historical analysis. Linked reports enable generic reports included with System Center Operations Manager 2007 to be customized for the specific requirements of an application with minimal work from the author.
The topics in this section provide background information about and recommendations for presenting data effectively and guidance for using the management pack.
In This Section
- Key Concepts
- Describes the concepts of how views and linked reports work, the kinds of data they include, and how they are configured in a management pack.
- Presentation Design Overview
- Provides guidance and best practices for designing views and linked reports to include in a management pack.
- Building Views and Reports
- Demonstrates how to build views and linked reports by using the Authoring console.